We aim to enrich lives and connect communities through volunteering
We believe that those who are prepared to volunteer, provide resources or run a volunteering organisation need plenty of support. That’s why Volunteering SA&NT was founded.
Since 1982, Volunteering SA&NT has been the peak body for volunteering. We’re a not-for-profit that provides support to individual volunteers, volunteer involving organisations, businesses and communities who want to make a difference.
How? We form strategic partnerships and provide a wide range of services which will enhance an organisation’s and individual’s contributions, enabling them to have maximum impact and really benefit communities.
Our vision and values
Enriching lives and connecting communities through volunteering.
Key Strategic Pillars
Support. Grow. Celebrate
Integrity, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
Our Key Strategic Pillars
- Provide advice, expertise, knowledge and resources to members, volunteers and volunteer involving organisations
- Deliver a strong, dynamic, and sustainable member value proposition
- Facilitate the exchange of information, learning and development across the volunteering ecosystem
- Support our workforce as we live our values and purpose with innovation, agility and professionalism
- Build strong and lasting relationships and partner collaboratively across business, community and government
- Assist volunteer involving organisations to build on their capacity and capability to engage volunteers
- Foster the growth of public interest and participation within the volunteer ecosystem
- Advocate and lead on behalf of the volunteering ecosystem
- Actively enhance public awareness of volunteering and seek all opportunities to profile and promote volunteering
- Celebrate volunteers, volunteer leadership and volunteer involving organisations
- Celebrate who we are and what we have achieved
$3.3 billion, 1.07 million volunteers, one common mission
Did you know that in South Australia there are almost a million volunteers, and in the Northern Territory more than 70,000? Their contribution is valued at around $3.3 billion.
A specialist service for the Northern Territory
Volunteering NT is a division of Volunteering SA&NT and we’ve been working in the Territory since 2007. In 2016 we rebranded as ‘Volunteering NT’.
We provide assistance to individuals, volunteer involving organisations and businesses to help them work together better, enabling their efforts and contributions to thrive across a diverse range of communities.
- Creating innovative networking and NT-focused training opportunities.
- Developing projects and forming partnerships to enable volunteering opportunities for key priority groups.
- Supporting volunteer involving organisations to address current trends such as sourcing and retention of volunteers.
- Sharing information on current trends and new ideas for the sector.
- Increasing promotion on Volunteering NT services and programs.
Like to know more or get involved?